PDA

View Full Version : Jon Clements

Anative
02-17-2006, 11:20 PM
I'm Jon Clements, the current Treasurer of ORCA. This is my second year as Treasurer. I also held the position of President for the club back in 2002. I joined the club in October 2001 soon after getting into the hobby.

My wife (Naomi) is also active in the club having held the positions of Secretary and Newsletter Editor. We are the proud parents of three, Connor who is almost 2 and twin girls Rain & Rose who were born 10 days ago.

We started the hobby with a 55 gallon reef tank (worst tank ever for a reef) and then added a 58 gallon Anemone and Clown Fish Tank. Soon the upgrade bug bit and we moved to a 220 gallon reef. It started as a mixed reef with SPS corals on one side and softies on the other. We then bought a 24 gallon tank and moved the softies to their own tank. Today the 220 is 95% SPS with a few LPS thrown in for good measure.

I've attended the last 3 MACNAs and Naomi has attended the last two. If you've never been to MACNA ask me about it at the next meeting. I'll be the big guy probably sitting in front of a laptop.

I love this hobby (except for the power bills) and love all the friends we have made through ORCA.

Jon

tomlando
02-18-2006, 09:04 AM
Hi Jon, Good work. I'm a newbie and will be be joining and hopefully be at the next meeting. I was going to introduce myself, but got the message: 'Only users can post in this forum' I DON'T DO DRUGS! Opps, I guess it wasn't refering to that type of user. :lol: haha Anyway, how do I post? Thanks, Tom

YodaHart
02-18-2006, 11:23 AM
Tom,

If you are not an ORCA member, you can not create a new thread in this forum. It is restricted to only ORCA members. Once you become a club member I will add you to the list so you have the ability to post here as well as some other cool options.

If there are other ORCA members that have the same problem, please send me a PM with your full name and member number and I'll add you to the list.

Thanks!

btw, welcome Jon! :D

cschweitzer
02-20-2006, 11:53 AM
Congrats on the new little critters you have produced. Can't wait to meet the new little additions to our club. Wish you all the best on your newest little adventures. I think it is very wonderful everything went as planned and you have two bundles of "joy" (or whatever word you would like to substitute there) for the price of one.

Amphibious
02-23-2006, 08:29 AM
Hey Jon and Naomi,

Congratulations!!! Twin frags, imagine that. How wonderful.

waterfaller1
03-06-2006, 04:51 PM
Congrats on your new twins John and Naomi! Great names for them..do you have pics? 8)

Anative
03-07-2006, 09:12 PM
Rain is on the left and Rose is on the right.

http://www.anative.com/images/TheTwins.jpg

waterfaller1
03-08-2006, 06:23 AM
WOW.. that almost looks like a mirror shot! Excellent! I wish you many happy times! 8)

cschweitzer
03-08-2006, 11:00 AM
Aren't those little ones just adorable?! Cute pic. Beautiful babies. Cangrats.

George_N_Jo
03-15-2006, 10:18 AM
They look so warm and cozy.