PDA

View Full Version : Would any one be interested in attending workshops

davy182
02-25-2007, 01:48 AM
If anybody would be interested in attending workshops on categories such as building a hospital tank, emergency fixes, creating cheap tanks, making frag plugs, making live rock, even working with acrylic. Let me know i have been thinking of instructing workshops like these. If you have some ideas that you think would also be a good workshop I am open to ideas. Please respond if you are interested that way I know if there is enough people to attend.

sytanek
08-18-2007, 09:50 AM
This is kind of late, but I love projects like these. Always looking for more info :)

JUICE
08-20-2007, 06:04 PM
I'd like to see workshops like the ones you mentioned part of our regularly scheduled meetings. I love to see other people's setups, and hang out and have a beer, but what I like the best out of being in a "social club", is the knowledge that our members can pass to one another.

Some of us are good at building stuff, some great at breeding fish, some good at coral propagation, and some great at figuring out what do do about issues we have in our reefs. It seems to me, if we help each other out, we can all have beautiful tanks, and help each other save some bucks to go find some fun!

davy182
08-21-2007, 12:41 AM
well this weekend you will get to see my setup and pry at my brain

JUICE
08-21-2007, 06:56 AM
I think this weekends meeting will be a big hit! I can't wait to see some of your finished DIY acrylic projects. There is a ton of money to be saved by using your own elbow grease. From sumps to refugiums and protein skimmers to reactors. Heck! For the money I spent on my backpack refugium, I probably could have built a fuge, skimmer, calcium reactor, and de-nitrator.

I'll be taking notes for sure!

~D

Cheekymonkey
12-20-2007, 02:36 PM
Sorry just looking at old posts, I would say the answer is YES

rcypert
12-20-2007, 03:32 PM
does anyone have any pictures of what they have built at the workshops?

Cheekymonkey
12-20-2007, 03:36 PM
The giant fuge in my tank pictures are from it. And I have my Q tank I will take a picture of when I get home...

devgru
01-23-2009, 06:32 PM
when is the next workshop?

BigCountryEsq
06-21-2009, 10:40 PM
diy live rock workshop would be great. let me know

Bacchus_fl
09-14-2009, 10:43 PM
I would love to attend some acrylic workshops, especially building a large carbon and PO4 reactor.

Let me know if and when you plan to something like that. I love to learn new things.

Thanks

TheMadReefer
10-13-2009, 01:49 PM
I would be in...