PDA

View Full Version : Hi all! - New here; moving to Olrando next week!

Jimbob
07-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Hi all... I'm going to be moving to Orlando next week from Michigan and hopefully I will find a way to get a new reef set-up going by the end of the year; probably keep it small for now until we actually purchase a home.

I've been a reefkeeper for ~6 years here in Michigan and dismantled my tank about 9 months ago in preparation for finding a new job and opportunity in a warmer climate (been looking for employment in FL for almopst 7 years!).

My family is excited to be moving to the area and I hope to come check out a couple of monthly meetings once I get down there and settled in.

-Jimbob

Pterodactyl
07-21-2007, 10:35 AM
Jimbob,
I wish you well in your move to Florida. I hope everything goes smooth.
What part of Florida are you moving to? I know you said Orlando, but that is pretty general.
Let us know when you get here and are settled in.

Our next meeting will be August 25 in Deltona. Details are listed under club info. I hope that you can attend a meeting, so we can meet you.

Best of luck.
Mel

Jimbob
07-21-2007, 10:29 PM
Thanks Mel!

We are looking in several areas, including Clermont, Mineola, Apopka, Longwood, Lake Mary, Mt. Dora, Sorrento / Mt. Plymouth. We're gonna rent a house for awhile whilst we get settled. Looking for good schools in a safe area that won't be too bad of a drive for me... I'll be working in Apopka right off of OBT.

I'll definitely try to make it to a meeting... If not the August meeting then the September meeting.

Slappy
07-29-2007, 08:46 PM
Welcome to Orlando! This is a great community and ORCA is an awesome club. You'll really enjoy it here. Cheers!