PDA

View Full Version : Callmark1 (Mark) new member

callmark1
09-15-2007, 11:09 AM
Hi. My name is Mark. Native Orlando/Winter Park. I admired my freinds tank for years, now I have my own (9 months) 50g, vertebrate only (plus a few turbo maids). aragonite bottom, adding live rock as I go.

4" blue Damsel hand-fed-- sticks his head out of the water up to the gills for a morsel

2.5" scopas tang-- very pretty. If I were a fish, I would marry "her"

2.5" clown Lives in a cup that says "God Bless America" and sleeps upside down.

2" domino damsel Thinks he is a 500 shark

1" ugly little blue thing that needed a home. LOL

At some point I might like to convert to reef tank, but want to learn more first. Thus the low bio-load for now-- my mistakes cost less. LOL

I would be interested in attending meetings.

WingnutSr
09-15-2007, 02:58 PM
Hi Mark, and WELCOME! Check out the "Club Info" link for a schedule and locations of meetings. There a lot of good people here, and most are willing to help when they can.
John

sharkteef
09-15-2007, 05:16 PM
hi mark!

welcome to our forums!
hope we can help you make your dream aquarium come true!

Cheekymonkey
09-15-2007, 10:00 PM
welcome dude

JUICE
09-16-2007, 01:10 PM
Hi there Mark!

Boy I wish I had been a little more conservative when I first started. It would have saved me a lot of headache! .....and money. It was definitely a learning experience though. I hope to see you at the meeting on the 29th!

Be easy,
~D

Anative
09-16-2007, 03:46 PM
Welcome Mark!

Nautilus
10-16-2007, 07:23 AM
Just thought I'd let you know just in case you haven't heard, we have an event planned this Saturday. See this link: http://www.o-r-c-a.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=427

I know you're new to ORCA but I wanted to give you the opportunity to participate. One of our members had to cancel and has two tickets he's got for sale at $35 a piece for members. I can register you both as members on Saturday if you would like to attend.

I'm going to post this same invitation to the other "new" member introduction posters also. This will be a first come first serve invite since there are only two tickets available.

email me at president@o-r-c-a.org if your interested.

Best Regards,

Matt
ORCA Pres 2007

bigginapk
10-16-2007, 11:24 AM
Welcome Mark!