PDA

View Full Version : New couple.

steph_marc
10-15-2007, 05:04 PM
Marc and I are considering joining ORCA and attending the next mtg. in Oct. We have a 46 gallon bowfront that has been up and running approx. 8 months. We are looking for some people who share our interest in this challenging yet exciting hobby. A little bit of camraderie wouldnt hurt either. I suppose we just bring the app. and $$$ to the next mtg. right???

bigginapk
10-15-2007, 08:19 PM
Hello Steph and Marc,
Welcome ! It is a great club to mingle and chat with fellow reefers and you will gain a ton of knowledge and info by joining. Yes, just bring the application and $$ to the next meeting and we will get you signed up. If you want to mail the application in you can also do that too. Just mail the app and the fees to Melissa Kantz 281 Adelaide Street DeBary, FL 32713.
well let me be the first to welcome you !!!
Chad

Nautilus
10-15-2007, 09:03 PM
Hi Guys and welcome to ORCA.

If you print up the app like Chad said, you can easily join at the next meeting.

I think you'll really enjoy all the great people in our club. There are folks with all levels of experience sharing one common thing, the passion for marine reef keeping.

Welocme and see you soon.

Matt

steph_marc
10-15-2007, 09:09 PM
Thank you guys for the welcome. We are really just starting out and definately need input and need it often. We will either mail it in advance or we will bring it on the 27th. What hrs. does the mtg. run???

Pterodactyl
10-15-2007, 09:31 PM
Welcome to ORCA!
I think you'll like it here. Everybody is friendly and willing to help.
As for the meeting, the doors open at 6pm, the meeting starts at 7:30pm. The meeting locations are posted under the Club Info page.
From 6 to 7:30pm there is socializing and meeting people. 7:30pm startd the actual meeting followed by a raffle and then the frag event.
As for how long a meeting goes, you never know. Most times everything is over by 10 or 11pm.

If you mail in your app, I can have you all entered in with your membership cards ready when you arrive at the meeting. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Again, welcome to ORCA. I look forward to meeting you at the next meeting.

Melissa
VP & Membership Director

Cheekymonkey
10-15-2007, 10:54 PM
Its a wonderful time, i'm one of the other new guys... definently come

Nautilus
10-16-2007, 07:21 AM
Marc and I are considering joining ORCA and attending the next mtg. in Oct. We have a 46 gallon bowfront that has been up and running approx. 8 months. We are looking for some people who share our interest in this challenging yet exciting hobby. A little bit of camraderie wouldnt hurt either. I suppose we just bring the app. and $$$ to the next mtg. right???

Just thought I'd let you know just in case you haven't heard, we have an event planned this Saturday. See this link: http://www.o-r-c-a.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=427

I know you're new to ORCA but I wanted to give you the opportunity to participate. One of our members had to cancel and has two tickets he's got for sale at $35 a piece for members. I can register you both as members on Saturday if you would like to attend.

I'm going to post this same invitation to the other "new" member introduction posters also. This will be a first come first serve invite since there are only two tickets available.

email me at president@o-r-c-a.org if your interested.

Best Regards,

Matt
ORCA Pres 2007

Cheekymonkey
10-16-2007, 11:32 AM
wonderful deal, you two should both come along

steph_marc
10-16-2007, 08:16 PM
wonderful deal, you two should both come along

Would love to my daughter cheers Sat a.m. in Merrit Island :o We discussed it today and will be at the mtg. on the 27th though.

JUICE
10-18-2007, 04:12 AM
Welcome welcome! It's a shame you can't come this weekend! It's going to be a great time! I'm sure the two spots will be snatched up. It took all of two weeks to fill all the slots.

I'll be looking forward to meeting you at the next meeting! I started out with a 46G bow front, they are very pretty tanks! I kinda wish I still had it.

~Donovan