PDA

View Full Version : hey new member

jsoler2
11-03-2007, 09:46 PM
Hey everyone. New member :) to the club I have a 44g tank that a friend gave to me. I want to make a reef tank with it but need some help. Please sent me info on how to start up my reef tank. Thanks & God Bless :)

Cheekymonkey
11-03-2007, 10:20 PM
welcome I just got finished starting my first reef tank as well, I'm no expert but happy to lend a helping hand if needed. Let me know

JUICE
11-04-2007, 08:52 AM
Welcome aboard! I think petco has a very simple book that is very informative that will tak you through te basics and give you a good understanding. I believe it's called "the simple guide to reefkeeping" it looks like those "for dummys" books. It is easy reading and doesn't get too far in depth. I would definately recommend reading it before trying to tackle a first time reef tank.

After that....when more questions arise and you ae getting your arms wet....give us a holler! Most will be glad to lend a hand or a bit of advise or experience!

Good luck!
~D

Nautilus
11-05-2007, 11:13 PM
Welcome to ORCA and congradulations on your new tank. There are great resources here on the internet along with great reading materials available at our LFS's and on-line.

My personal favorite resource is Sprung & Delbeek's "The Reef Aquarium Vol1".

And of course be sure to start coming to our ORCA meetings which are held monthly. Check under the club info link for furture meeting details.

ORCA also has a Mentoring Director who could be very helpful if you are looking for another great resource.

Best of luck and I hope to see you soon.

Matt

jsoler2
11-06-2007, 11:05 PM
thanks guys for the info on the books will look into it. i will love to go to the ORCA meeting. thanks again :wink: