PDA

View Full Version : ORCA Screensaver

Jimbob
01-01-2008, 11:08 AM
Hi all!

I'm kicking around the idea of volunteering my time to create a screensaver comprised of photos of ORCA member tanks. Before I commit to doing this, I would like to find out how much interest there is amongst the members to have something like this. If there is sufficient interest, I will volunteer to do it.

What I would need from the members is your chosen photograph of your tank (full tank shots preferred) and either your screen name here on the boards or your actual name (individual preference).

Ideally, I think it would be great if there are a couple of good photographers in the club that would volunteer their time to help snap some full tank shots for those members who are photographically challenged. Maybe a knowledgable photographer could even volunteer to create a thread with tips and pointers on how to take the ideal full tank shot and we could get the admins to "sticky" it? ... any photographers willing to help out in this cause, please PM me.

I also need to know how much interest (or need) there is to have a screensaver that is compatible with both Macintosh and PC, or if just a PC version is sufficient.

Do not send any photos to me right now... this is simply a poll to determine interest level. I'll let the poll run for two weeks... if there is enough interest to make it a "go," then I will plan things out a bit and set some deadlines for when photos would need to be submitted, etc. so that we could hopefully have a working product by Easter.

Look forward to the feedback! :D

Cheekymonkey
01-01-2008, 11:29 AM
I like the idea Jim... Looking foward to seeing it.

lifesworksataol
01-01-2008, 04:24 PM
me too that would be awesome!!!!

Cheekymonkey
01-01-2008, 05:17 PM
If you do please require a certain level of resolution so we dont end up with some blurry pics on a big screen.

Jimbob
01-01-2008, 05:19 PM
Please try to use the poll options at the top of this thread/post abnd actually cast a vote! :wink:

33 views and only two votes (one of them mine) is a bit disheartening so I'm trying to allow the "benefit of the doubt" and ensure that everyone understands this is a poll thread which encourages votes to be cast!!! :D

Jimbob
01-01-2008, 05:27 PM
If you do please require a certain level of resolution so we dont end up with some blurry pics on a big screen.

absolutely... a minimum resolution would be a definite requirement.

Also, just so everyone is aware: Though I haven't discussed this with the board of directors yet, it was my intention to have the board review all of the proposed photos and give their "blessing" or approval for which photos are to be included in the screensaver and the final product as a whole. I feel this is appropriate because I was planning on incorporating the club's logo into the screensaver as well.

If the club's name is to be tied to it, the board should grant approval first.

At this point, this is strictly exploratory... if folks are intereste4d enough and the board concurs, I'm willing to donate my time and effort to the cause. If there is a general lack of interest or the board disapproves the idea will be tabled.

WingnutSr
01-02-2008, 05:46 AM
Nice idea Jimbob! My vote is cast.

moe
01-02-2008, 10:11 AM
my vote is in :) :) :) :)

lifesworksataol
01-03-2008, 01:46 AM
first time i came the vote thing wasnt there. i voted this time :-D hope this becomes something!

Cheekymonkey
01-03-2008, 09:58 AM
I can't imagine anyone not being interested, I would just go directly to the board.

JUICE
01-03-2008, 02:30 PM
yeah! where the crap is the board? we'll tell those guys how it is!

Cheekymonkey
01-03-2008, 09:24 PM
haha, get to work Donovan :P