PDA

View Full Version : Site concern....

MitchReef
02-10-2008, 11:51 AM
Not really off-topic, but more of a general ORCA.com concern. I am wondering about picture posts. I put pics up last night, and they all got cutt off and are showing as a truncated square field. I notice this in other threads now too....Is it just my computer or has this happened in the forum? If it's just my computer I will have to see what I can do about it....if it's the site setup what size or pic format should we use to get the whole image to show up?

I notice that in Marcye's Scientist of the Month thread her caption is even cut off, making that effort worthless....

Mitch

Cheekymonkey
02-10-2008, 12:25 PM
I haven't noticed it, either I'm crazy or its just your computer...

mrcrab
02-10-2008, 12:43 PM
I'm seeing the same problem Mitch. It's not just you.

Pterodactyl
02-10-2008, 04:31 PM
Mitch,
What size are the pictures you are posting?
I think the size limit is 680x480.
If you want to post pics, make sure to resize them before you post.

MitchReef
02-10-2008, 06:51 PM
Thanks, I was just noticing that in the new thread that Barry started, that Josh was cut in half in his pic....so I figured something was up....I guess I'm going to go through and resize the ones for my tank thread....

Appreciate the input.

Cheekymonkey
02-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Hmm, it is happening on Natalies Laptop as well but not mine...

MitchReef
02-10-2008, 08:09 PM
That is interesting, mainly because I know this is a "new" problem, because I used to have to scroll vertically to see all of some pictures, and now the view is truncating....Any ideas or suggestions from our Computer Gurus? (That being JimBob or Lutefisk)

MitchReef
02-14-2008, 03:47 PM
So, Does ANYBODY have any ideas on what I can do, to get back to seeing the whole pictures? It isn't just me, Cheeky's girl has the same issue, and it isn't MY pics....

Lutefisk
02-14-2008, 09:39 PM
Would someone please post a link to a thread where you are having problems with the pictures?

Thanks!
Paul

Cheekymonkey
02-14-2008, 09:52 PM
I saw on Mitch's computer he was having problems with the picture of me in the members picture thread. I was getting cut right off.

MitchReef
02-14-2008, 09:59 PM
Well, It's happening to my own tank thread:

http://www.o-r-c-a.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=824

It's happening in the Who are you? thread....I only see 1/2 of Josh....not that that's a totally bad thing....JK....

http://www.o-r-c-a.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=815

Even my old original threads are doing it....

http://www.o-r-c-a.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=492

http://www.o-r-c-a.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=479

It seems to be wide profile pics only....if we all just need to limit our pic sizes that's okay, but this didn't happen until very recently.....

Just as an aside, the site is acting really squirrley (SP????) again today for me again....both here and at work....very slow to load everything, with occasional SQL errors, I think they were.....

Cheekymonkey
02-14-2008, 10:01 PM
Its odd only because you can't scroll ot the right when it happens, it actually just dissapears.

MitchReef
02-15-2008, 01:33 AM
Exactly, Cheeky.....

Anative
02-15-2008, 07:03 AM
Mitch,

It happens to me as well but when I mouse over the picture I get a tool tip that says "Click on the image for full size". Then if I click on the picture it expands to the full width.

Jon

MitchReef
02-15-2008, 07:40 AM
Jon,

You ARE in fact THE MAN.....that was just too simple......okay, unless it wasn't doing that to begin with, everyone join in a rousing DUH!!!!!

I really appreciate the help, and I think I said early in this thread, that there was probably something I was missing (and if I didn't, then it was an accidental omission)

Off this track Jon, I really need to jerk about a handfull of xenia either tonight or Saturday....I know you wanted some last time I mentioned it, and your Mrs. talked to me about some at the last meeting.....If you are AT ALL interested, give me a call......321-262-9525.....I live like 4 minutes from you (right off Winter Springs Blvd.)

Mitch

Anative
02-15-2008, 08:52 AM
Mitch,

Thanks for the offer but after the last auction when there was no xenia we broke down and bought some from a store. I love buying corals but just hated paying money for something that I used to flush.

Jon

MitchReef
02-15-2008, 09:17 AM
I understand fully....I'm going to put it up on the Classifieds, if somebody wants some they need to act fast....this stuff is trying to shade my Blue tort.....

Cheekymonkey
02-15-2008, 10:02 AM
Yea I have to get rid of some soon as well