PDA

View Full Version : New Member

sflorlando
04-04-2008, 10:52 AM
Hello All,

New member to the forum, however I have frequented your site for lots of information. Feel like I already know you guys! So let me into myself.

I am a System Administrator for a client in Orlando. I have been keeping fresh water fish for years (150 gallon) and got interested in the Nano tanks I fist saw at Seven Seas. I was shocked at the size of these guys. The last time I was intested in saltwater (15 years ago) it was recommended to keep 1 inch of fish per 20 gallons of saltwater. Keeping coral was unheard of. Boy how things have changed.

Another thing occured to me during this same time period. I recieved my little Micro-Lobsters. Here is a pic of my shrimp tank. I love these little guys :lol:

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk30/sflorlando/CIMG2267.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk30/sflorlando/CIMG2268.jpg
(Added a link, probably need to host these on my homeserver)

As far as my current setup. Not much too say. My goal is to have small specimen tanks ranging from small 1 gallon all the way up to 24 gallon plumbed in too a large refugium. So far i set up the 75 gallon refugium, RODI, Chiller, remora skimmer, heater and a 120 lbs of live rock. Have a few cleaning crew snails, crabs.

Thats all too report

Cheekymonkey
04-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Welcome to our website! That sound like an interesting setup you are proposing. Please start a thread on it in our members aquarium thread, so we can keep up with it, it sounds exciting.

Vitamin-B
04-04-2008, 12:01 PM
hi and welcome to the forum (officially that is!)
meeting info will be posted soon on our upcoming meeting for april.
you're more than welcome to check it out and meet everyone in person. photos of our meeting last saturday will be up in the next couple days.
we'll be interested in the progress with your setup. keep us posted! :D

JUICE
04-04-2008, 12:31 PM
Hello and welcome! you'll have to come check out our meetings sometimes!

~D

sflorlando
04-04-2008, 01:20 PM
Thanks All,

Funny my productivity at work has decreased proportionally to the amount of knowledge I gain at reef keeping. I may need to setup a proxy server to block my access. :lol:

I just bought a chiller and a UV filter for the tank. Will plumb this weekend.

Cheekymonkey
04-04-2008, 01:23 PM
I'm with you on that SF, except for me its school and work that suffer :)

sflorlando
04-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Finnaly had time, got my pictures up.

Cheekymonkey
04-07-2008, 05:59 PM
very cool man, its NICe to we something new and different... I like!