PDA

View Full Version : Hi there I am new to ORCA, my name is Brie

Buckys_Wench
04-21-2008, 06:20 PM
Hi yall my name is Brie and for those of you that know him I am bucky_338's wife. We currently live in Spartanburg, SC and are moving to Ocala in the next year or so (sooner rather than later I hope)

We currently have a 125 and 75 ga Reef that are hooked together via a 55ga sump/refugium. We have mostly softy Corals and for fish we have a pair of Gold Stripe Maroon Clowns, a pair of True Percs, 2 yellow Clown Gobies, a Green Clown Goby, a Maroon Striped Goby, a Green Mandarin Goby, a Royal Gramma Basslett, a Sailfin Tang, and a Coral Beauty Angel. The tanks look something like this
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg29/buckys_wench/100_0755-1.jpg
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg29/buckys_wench/100_0757-1.jpg

The tanks are both about a year old. There are more photos on photobucket at Buckys_Wench.

We are beginning to plan a trip to the Ocala Area in June or July to scope out accomodations. Anyone in or around the area that would like to give us information would greatly be appreciated. I am on MSN messenger at Bucky_Wench@live.com. Maybe we could plan our trip to visit around your monthly meeting so that we could meet someof yall.

Brie

Cheekymonkey
04-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Wow that looks great, welcome to the forums...

Natalie (bustymonkey) is going to love your forum name

Buckys_Wench
04-21-2008, 07:33 PM
Wow that looks great, welcome to the forums...
Thanks Bucky does all the actual aquascaping I just tell him what to do lol. im Kidding aquascaping is like wallpapering if you do it with two someone is gonna end up swearing (at least that is what my mom always said) So I just let him do his thing and then if I observe it is not behaving properly (I'm here all day ) I just tell him and he either changes the flow or the position. Seems to work well hehe.

Natalie (bustymonkey) is going to love your forum name

We started playing an online pirate game together and all my usual "nicknames" were taken and Im not really all that creative but in the thinking "pirate" wench came to mind. LOL you would not believe the number of people that think I am a dude tho go figure I thot wench was an international term.

Also I have an Avatar ? and am not sure where to post it. Is there a time constraint on using my own avatar? ie from my computer because it is currently saying disabled but I did not see where to enable it. Is that a power that is out of my hands?

Thanks,

Brie

Cheekymonkey
04-21-2008, 07:45 PM
Nope you can add an avatar when you are ready too... Natalie is going to be crazy about your name, pirate wench is a favorite term of hers, which online pirate game do you play?

Buckys_Wench
04-21-2008, 07:58 PM
How do I enable the ability to add an avatar from my computer then?

We play SeaFight on the English map. :lol:

Brie

Cheekymonkey
04-21-2008, 08:01 PM
Hrm, you should be able to enter your profile at the horizontal navigation bar under the ORCA and ad banners...

Scroll to the bottom of there and either put in the URL of your avatar or upload an avatar...

Bustmonkey
04-21-2008, 08:18 PM
Welcome back to the area (when you get here). I love your name just as cheeky said. I hope you figure out your avatar; it will be intersting if it goes with the name.
The tanks are very nice. good luck with the move.

gwrench
04-21-2008, 08:19 PM
Welcome to the ORCA forums....nice looking tank also. Love the variety of fish you have aquired.
Hopefully you can make one of the meetings, always the last Saturday of the month.
Regards
George

Buckys_Wench
04-21-2008, 08:38 PM
It says that the upload option is disabled and neither Bucky nor I can find a place to enable it lol (There is a place where I can choose one from the gallery) but we can't seem to find the enable button

Brie

PS the photos are on photobucket at Buckys_Wench in the album labeled tanks with 20k lights
I have 3 there now will be uploading more. The 75 only has one new 250W MH as the other bulb was not working when we received them we will be getting a replacement shortly and will update photos.

Cheekymonkey
04-21-2008, 08:40 PM
well you are certainly correct it does seem we have disabled it...

Well upload it to your photobucket and you should be able to use that photobucket url

Buckys_Wench
04-21-2008, 08:44 PM
well you are certainly correct it does seem we have disabled it...

Well upload it to your photobucket and you should be able to use that photobucket url

LOL told ya hehe.

Brie

Cheekymonkey
04-21-2008, 08:46 PM
Well I contacted Paul one our Webmasters to find out if that was intentional or not... We will soon see

fragger
04-21-2008, 09:01 PM
Maybe we could plan our trip to visit around your monthly meeting so that we could meet some of yall.

Always like to meet people that are into reef aquariums. If you come to a meeting, I think you would be impressed. We have a great club with a great bunch of people. Hope to meet you soon.

Cheekymonkey
04-21-2008, 09:03 PM
Yea that would be great, for most of our meetings other than frag events we have great speakers coming this year. So c'mon down.

Vitamin-B
04-21-2008, 09:05 PM
welcome b-wench,
we look forward to meeting you guys!

Buckys_Wench
04-21-2008, 09:20 PM
Maybe we could plan our trip to visit around your monthly meeting so that we could meet some of yall.

Always like to meet people that are into reef aquariums. If you come to a meeting, I think you would be impressed. We have a great club with a great bunch of people. Hope to meet you soon.

I wish we could move it up to get there for your frag event that looks just like it is an awsome thing to attend. nothing anywhere near here of that size. Like I said the sooner the better for me.

Brie

bucky_338
05-05-2008, 05:49 PM
hey guys we decided to move down the first week in aug. we decided to go to ocala eather silver springs shores or marion oaks dose anyone live close to there. we are going to get a uhaul and move everything in one trip does anybody know about eather one of the 2 places there. thank you for any input

bucky

Cheekymonkey
05-05-2008, 06:42 PM
I'm about an hour out, but you folks have been so nice here on the forums I'll take a ride out and help move things if I'm available

bucky_338
05-05-2008, 06:58 PM
thanks cheekymonkey ill let u know

Vitamin-B
05-05-2008, 07:49 PM
i have family there. i'll ask for their thoughts on those places. i'm familiar with the places, but not enough to give valuable info....
i'll let you know what the fam says...

bucky_338
05-05-2008, 11:47 PM
thanks vitamin-b

Vitamin-B
05-06-2008, 06:56 AM
One reply I got....she lived in SS Shores for a while and says it was alright. About Marion Oaks she's heard more negative than positive. I should hear some more today and will pass it on. :)

JUICE
05-06-2008, 07:43 AM
I have some friends out in Ocala that say that they love it there.

Isn't our newsletter guy from out there? ron?

davy182
05-11-2008, 03:29 PM
There are some members that come to the meetings out there. I forgot his screen name. I think its Ron and his wife.

David

JUICE
05-11-2008, 05:04 PM
seahorse , right?

Pterodactyl
05-11-2008, 05:50 PM
That correct, Ron our newletter editor lives out there in the middle of horse country. His screen name is Seahorse.

Welcome to the ORCA Forums.
I am the Membership Director for the club and can answer any of the questions you might have about membership.

I look forward to meeting you.
Mel

Buckys_Wench
05-11-2008, 10:02 PM
Hey guys,

Hope you all had a Great Weekend and Happy Mother's Day to all the moms.

Thanks again for all the input and help I am really looking forward to getting down there and meeting you all.

Brie

bucky_338
05-31-2008, 02:19 PM
hey guys we are moving down on july 1 we are seting up the house to rent now so hope to see all of u sone

Cheekymonkey
05-31-2008, 03:12 PM
Very cool congrats on finding a place.

Vitamin-B
05-31-2008, 03:14 PM
Hi Brie,
I bet you're excited...and we'll be really glad to meet you in person. What location did you decide to move to?

drive safely :)

bucky_338
06-23-2008, 04:45 PM
hey everyone we should be down sat or sun we got a house the is new and they rented it to use at a good price its going to be in crysal river so hope to see everyone soon not this month but for sure next monthes meeting

fragger
06-23-2008, 08:36 PM
Wow you made it. Looking forward to meeting you guys.
Good luck with the move :D :D

JUICE
06-23-2008, 08:43 PM
yes good luck!

Buckys_Wench
06-26-2008, 09:55 PM
Well as Bucky said we should be leaving sometime sat or sun depending on how long it takes us to get the tnks tore down. (But it will have to be seen as Bucky is draining the waterbed before he leaves for work in the morning. ) That will be the second thing that gets up after we get there. Fortunately we have a queen bed set so it is better than the floor :-s

Juice, I hope u have fun at ur birthday/sister's rehearsal dinner lol. I really look forward to meeting you all and getting involved in your reef club. Juice I never did hear from that guy about those SPS frags so maybe he will ship them to me later. but thanks for the offer.
Made water all day and will be mixing it up for the truck tomorrow getting a few pallets to put the house goods on so nothing will get wet YAY!

anywho thanks again everybody and we should be online again by Sunday nite as the power and cable are both already up and running so just the technical bit once we get there.

Brie

bucky_338
06-29-2008, 10:55 PM
hey guys we finnally made it down first thing we got to unpack and get that dang truck unloaded but i love the house cant wait to meet everyone

Vitamin-B
06-29-2008, 11:21 PM
HI!!!

WELCOME TO FLORIDA! Glad to see you made it safe and sound :D

We look forward to meeting you as well!

Cheekymonkey
06-30-2008, 05:08 PM
Very cool, let us know if you still need any help.

gwrench
06-30-2008, 08:15 PM
Welcome Home!
Your new home, hope to meet you soon
George

bucky_338
07-01-2008, 01:59 PM
hey guys good news is im getting settled in ok bad news is everything died,all my fish and coarls but i cant get my tds is down to start over so the first thing is to get a filter on the well and then start over but the good thing about starting over is i can do things differnt than before just getting things i seen i like before now i can just start off with a few and let then grow than a bunch like i had before but we will still be joining the club and hopefully i can atleast have the 75 up and running by the time the next meeting rolles around
bucky

JUICE
07-20-2008, 06:30 PM
that's so horrible to hear! I'm sure you will recover soon.

do you not have a RO/DI unit? well water in florida is often pretty bad! I think the water softeners for wells aren't too terribly expensive.

Cheekymonkey
07-20-2008, 07:05 PM
Stay away from water softeners for tank water, I beleive they soften it by adding other ions. I know that sounds odd but I am pretty sure.

Cheekymonkey
07-20-2008, 07:07 PM
Yea I just confirmed they actually add an equal amount of sodium or potassium to the amount of hard ions they remove.

Buckys_Wench
07-24-2008, 09:01 AM
oh joy more good news thanks for the info I had only been able to find out that it removed calcium and soemthing else I can't for the life of me put a name to at the moment lol. But we need a new RO/Di Meter or something Im not really sure what happened there we have replaced the first 2 filters the other two are now only just a year old maybe they need to be replaced too. Im getting a hold of Purely H2O to see what is what.

Thanks guys for all your help and support look forward to meeting you all :)

Brie

MitchReef
07-24-2008, 09:18 AM
So hey, Brie and Bucky,

Are y'all coming to the frag event meeting Saturday? We all hope so....

Mitch

Cheekymonkey
07-24-2008, 10:17 AM
What is your TDS out of the wall?

Lowredranger
07-25-2008, 08:48 PM
I hope you get everything back up and running. Maybe you can get some new frags at the event tomorrow. It will be my first meeting as well.

I did not see anyone else mention it but if you are looking to buy a house in the future my mom has been a real estate agent in central fl for the last 18yrs so if you need someone just let me know.

Good luck with the new upstart