PDA

View Full Version : new old newbie

edwin
05-11-2008, 01:05 PM
Hello everyone. Well how can I explain this I'm new to this community, I've own a small reef tank for the better part of 4 years however I still consider myself a newbie to reefkeeping cause I still have little knowledge and I find myself losing alot of stock. I really hope this changes now that I know that your community is right here in Orlando. I want to be able to learn from experienced memebers like yourself, be able to go to meeting and really get involve. But most important I want to be proud of the tank that I have just like you guys are. Thanks in advance for all your help :wink:

Vitamin-B
05-11-2008, 01:14 PM
Hi Edwin,
Welcome! You'll find all the help you want here. And we're all at different knowlege levels, so you're not alone no matter what level you're at. Hope to see you at the next meeting!

edwin
05-11-2008, 01:14 PM
sorry I just checked the post time and I forgot to change the date and time its not 3am

gwrench
05-11-2008, 01:51 PM
Welcome aboard Edwin!
Looking forward to seeing at the meetings and on the forums.
Make a posting in the member forums with some pics to share.
Regards
George

Cheekymonkey
05-11-2008, 02:38 PM
Hey welcome to the forums, looking foward to seeing your tank.

JUICE
05-11-2008, 05:06 PM
Howdy, friend!

Pterodactyl
05-11-2008, 05:40 PM
Welcome to the ORCA Forums.
I am the Membership Director for the club and can answer any of the questions you might have about membership.
If you want to become a member of the club, you will need to fill out an application and pay the yearly dues. Individual membership for one year is $20, Family membership is $25 for one year. The application can be found under the Club Info link on the left or click here: http://www.o-r-c-a.org/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=17
You can either fill out the app and mail it to me with your payment (address is on the form), or fill it out when you come to a meeting.

If you have any questions about membership, please send me a PM (You can get to your PM's by clicking on the left where it says your login name and how many private messages) or email me: membership@o-r-c-a.org

The next meeting will be on Saturday, May 31 and we will be having guest speaker Dr. Bruce Carlson from the Georgia Aquarium. The meeting will be held at the Orlando Science Center; more details will be posted soon.

Again, Welcome and I look forward to meeting you.
Mel

fragger
05-11-2008, 09:21 PM
Hello Edwin hope to see at the next meeting. My name is Terry