PDA

View Full Version : New Member

oviedodentist
05-21-2008, 09:27 AM
Great site! I stumbled upon it. I didn't even imagine something like this existed. I am very glad I am not the only addict. The only limit of my addiction is more tank space to put the stuff I want to get. I have a 40 gallon Oceanic at home and a 70 gallon Oceanic in the office.
(pictures coming soon in the tanks section)
I run sumps, with skimmers, and activated carbon bags in the sump, also Koralia 3 power heads on each one of them. So far I think I am lucky. Had one bout of Ick in the office, as soon as I set it up, but cleared quickly.
I am a newbie this time around, used to have tanks when I lived in Wisconsin, 15 years ago, but things have changed dramatically since then. The home tank is 1 year old, the office tank is 3 months old.
Looking to become a full member soon and share all experiences with fellow addicts.

Cheekymonkey
05-21-2008, 11:33 AM
Very cool were all newbies, there is so much new stuff happening all the time the hobby keeps changing.

Glad to have another addict onboard, looking foward to seeing you at our meetings. Our next meeting is the last saturday of this month at the Orlando Science Center. It is listed in our annoucements....

please check out the details, come by and meet everyone.

JUICE
05-21-2008, 11:33 AM
welcome! There's plenty of us addicts in here!

ccampo
05-21-2008, 02:05 PM
Welcome to the place where you'll become even more addicted!!!
Dentist?, reminds me of Nemo and the dentist's niece...

just kidding, you'll enjoy it here.

Cesar

JUICE
05-21-2008, 02:56 PM
oh man......you wouldn't want to trade corals for dental work would you? :-D

gwrench
05-21-2008, 04:06 PM
Welcome Aboard!
Feel free to ask as many questions as you need, we are all glad to help out. Looking forward to meeting you at one of the meetings!
Regards
George

fragger
05-21-2008, 09:40 PM
We have a great meeting coming up. It would be a good time to meet the group. Hope to see you there. It's free but you have to pay to park $4.00
ORCA May Meeting and Guest Speaker Dr. Bruce Carlson at the Orlando
Science Center on Saturday May 31st 2008. Doors open at 6:00PM.

Vitamin-B
05-21-2008, 09:53 PM
welcome!
yeah, you'll find addicts here and a few comedians too :lol:

Jimbob
05-22-2008, 06:57 AM
Glad to have you aboard!

I think you'll find here that many of us tried reefkeepers anonymous at one point in time or another; decided we were a lots cause and joined ORCA instead!

Hope you enjoy your stay and please feel free to ask as many questions as you like. We have a very good group of knowledgeable folks here who are more than happy to help out and share knowledge and experiences!

oviedodentist
05-22-2008, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the welcome, I will try to make the science center meeting on the 31st and meet face to face.

Thanks.

Pterodactyl
05-29-2008, 08:01 PM
Welcome to the ORCA Forums.
I am the Membership Director for the club and can answer any of the questions you might have about membership.
If you would like to become a member of the club, you will need to fill out an application and pay the yearly dues. Individual membership for one year is $20, Family membership is $25 for one year. The application can be found under the Club Info link on the left or click here: http://www.o-r-c-a.org/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=17
You can either fill out the app and mail it to me with your payment (address is on the form), or fill it out when you come to a meeting.

If you have any questions about membership, please send me a PM or email me: membership@o-r-c-a.org

We hope to see you at the meeting on Saturday.
Again, welcome and I look forward to meeting you.
Mel