PDA

View Full Version : Ride in June?

WingnutSr
06-01-2008, 10:22 PM
Anyone want to do a ride this month?

Pterodactyl
06-02-2008, 06:20 AM
You know we are always up for a ride. We can't do it this coming weekend, but we are open after that.
You let us know what works for you.

tynee
06-05-2008, 04:57 PM
this Sunday is cgood for me, but I'll try to pay attention to the thread if you guys decide otherwise.

WingnutSr
06-05-2008, 09:03 PM
This weekend is also not good for me.
How about Sat, the 21st, or Sun, the 22nd?
If we try to plan a little in advance, it may be easier for more to get together for this.
Any place in particular we should go?

Nautilus
06-09-2008, 10:31 AM
Hey John!

Hope your doing well. We need to hook up for ride soon.

Just to make you jealous... Me and the Dactyl are up here in Gatlinburg TN. We've been here since last Friday. We rode up in two days and good weather so far although we may be riding back home tues/wed in the rain :(

The riding up here in the Smokies is as good as it gets... Wish you were here 8)

Cheers!

M&M

WingnutSr
06-10-2008, 07:18 PM
Hey Matt! Glad to hear you kids are having fun. I bet the Dactyl is loving the views up there. Wish I was there too!
Things are smoothing out here for us. Has been a long road, and the trip isn't over yet, but all is well.
I am trying to get a ride going for this month. I hope the 2 of you, as well as some others can make it.
Ride safe. Ride smart.
John

Fuzzy
06-10-2008, 07:48 PM
Hey John!

Good to hear from you!!

Yes, Jean and I can both make it either the 21st of 22nd.
After that we are copying Matt 'n Mel and heading to the mountains for a week.

Where did you have in mind to go??

Nick

WingnutSr
06-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Do we want a day trip, or an over-nighter?

Nautilus
06-11-2008, 08:55 PM
What about an overnighter to Jekyll Island GA or Amelia Island Fl on the 21st..?

On the way up we could stop at Marine Land and see if it might be a good club destination in the future...

WingnutSr
06-11-2008, 09:49 PM
Amelia Island was one place I was thinking of for an overnight trip. That would be fun.
But I cannot leave here until after 8:30 AM on the 21st.
We could meet up in your area and head north from there.

Anyone else? Gonna be a great trip if we can do this.

Fuzzy
06-13-2008, 09:48 PM
Jean, Stephen, and I are up for a road trip.
Kind of a warm up for our trip to the mountains!

Lets chat and come up with a plan. Maybe post a link on Reef Central too?

Nick

WingnutSr
06-13-2008, 10:27 PM
Post made on RC, with a link to here.

Matt, where would be a good place to meet up in you area?

Nick, I guess I could meet you guys and ride along to meet the rest of the crew.

Need a time for all to meet and head out. Say about 10:00 AM?

Pterodactyl
06-14-2008, 01:24 PM
Hey John,
I did some checking on room rates and because it is peak season at the beach, prices are pretty high. I think we need to have more discussion and maybe come up with some other ideas and plan something out.

I will keep checking on room prices but most of the places on the beach in Amelia Island and surrounding area wanted $120 and up per night. There is also some kind of Cartoon Network thing happening that day, so alot of the places were already booked up.
Give us a call and lets chat.

TTYS
Mel

WingnutSr
06-15-2008, 02:43 PM
OK. Time to switch to plan"B".

WingnutSr
06-17-2008, 11:10 AM
I am still up for the ride as planned. Is anyone else still interested in going?

Nautilus
06-17-2008, 10:43 PM
Nick, how do you and Jean feel about a 'nighter up in St Augustine..? I spoke with John earlier and he's definitely up for it.

I was thinking we could leave Saturday morning and take a slow leisurely ride up to Marine Land. I'd like to see what they have to offer and may be we can get the club up there later and do a repeat of the Tampa trip on the east coast.

Afterwards, head into St. Aug and check in and plan the night's activities.

Sunday, take in the sights etc...

Fuzzy
06-18-2008, 07:35 PM
Sounds like a plan!

Jean, Steve, and I are ready to go.

Jean is going to call you with some hotel info. She made reservations for us all, but had to put down a credit card. We have till 11PM tonight to cancel if we want to stay some where else.
I'm working till late tonight and cell services stinks....
Feel free to give Jean a call to go over the details.

Nick

Nautilus
06-18-2008, 08:10 PM
Just hung up with Jean. It's a lock! I'm going to put together a route going up. We'll stop for lunch followed by a trip to Marine Land and then on to the hotel.

Nick, do you want to plan the return route home..?

Looks like we may hit a little wet weather so we'll be packing rain gear of course.

Alrighty then... Sounds like a good time. I'll give you a shout tomorrow later in the day.

Cheers!

Fuzzy
06-18-2008, 09:48 PM
Good news!

It's fine by me if you want to plan the route back - I don't know if I will have time to even look at the maps....
I would like to stop at J&P / Rossmeyers and maybe the Helmet House on the return leg.

Jean needs some good night time lenses and my summer lid needs to go. Plus I want to check into some locks/alarms for the bikes and trailer.

I'm in show mode till about 1PM then I'm officially on vacation :D

WingnutSr
06-18-2008, 10:14 PM
I think that would be a good stop. Always fun to stop and look around. Look forward to seeing all of you again!

WingnutSr
06-20-2008, 06:11 PM
When do we meet. And where?