PDA

View Full Version : Dowflakes or equivilent

conjuay
11-29-2008, 01:00 PM
Where around here can you get de-icer :lol:
I keep seeing these two part formulas and they ALWAYS mention Dowflakes as the calcium additive.

I figure the nearest bag of Dowflakes is about four hundred miles north of here, and I hate having to pay shipping that will double the cost of the shtuff...
What other calcium products will work just as well and are available
off the shelf in Orlando?
THNX

moe
11-29-2008, 02:53 PM
for those of you that don't have space to house large containers of chemicals. I have calcium chloride, magnesium chloride, sodium bicarbonate, soda ash, and kalkwasser. With orca discount and tax included they all are listed at 1.90 lb. For larger quantities please inquire for pricing. Other online stores offer 77-80 perent calcium chloride which contains a lot of water. The one I supply is made by tetra chemicals and is listed as 94 percent calcium chloride. I will list the description of calicum and magnesium later. My customers and I have been using these products with great results.
David's Tanks and Innovations L.L.C.
Custom Acrylic and Reef Tank Solutions
(407)666-9509 DTItanks@gmail.com
call him he well tell ya how to use it .i get mine from him.
moe

conjuay
11-29-2008, 05:59 PM
for those of you that don't have space to house large containers of chemicals. I have calcium chloride, magnesium chloride, sodium bicarbonate, soda ash, and kalkwasser. With orca discount and tax included they all are listed at 1.90 lb. For larger quantities please inquire for pricing. Other online stores offer 77-80 perent calcium chloride which contains a lot of water. The one I supply is made by tetra chemicals and is listed as 94 percent calcium chloride. I will list the description of calicum and magnesium later. My customers and I have been using these products with great results.
David's Tanks and Innovations L.L.C.
Custom Acrylic and Reef Tank Solutions
(407)666-9509 DTItanks@gmail.com
call him he well tell ya how to use it .i get mine from him.
moe
Thanks, Moe!!!!
This is why belonging to a LOCAL group is so important-I am so grateful I found out about ORCA! ...but... What's the 'soda ash' for? :?

gwrench
11-29-2008, 06:17 PM
Soda Ash used in cunjunction with sodium bicarbonate will allow you to raise alkalinity as well as ph, where as using just sodium bicarbonate will not raise alkalinity.

conjuay
11-29-2008, 08:23 PM
Soda Ash used in cunjunction with sodium bicarbonate will allow you to raise alkalinity as well as ph, where as using just sodium bicarbonate will not raise alkalinity.
:cry: great... something else I wasn't aware of!
Luckily, I don't need to raise my alk...

MitchReef
11-29-2008, 09:27 PM
But remember the second jug of two part is Alkalinity...that is the reason you will need Soda ash too...so you can MAINTAIN your Alk too...

conjuay
11-29-2008, 09:42 PM
But remember the second jug of two part is Alkalinity...that is the reason you will need Soda ash too...so you can MAINTAIN your Alk too...
Wait!!!!
I have Kalkwasser for that, right? that's why I need calcium- the Kalkwasser has dropped my Calcium to 380!