PDA

View Full Version : Brand New custom oak cabinet FS

Nimitz
01-30-2011, 09:02 AM
I volunteer at the Brevard Zoo & among other things do a lot of special project work. I recently compeleted building an oak cabinet they were going to use as part of an enclosure but now it looks like they don't need it. I've offered to try & sell it so we can use the proceeds for me to build a new enclosure. The cabinet will fit a "STD" 6' aquarium. It is 34" tall and 21" wide. The inside is coated with 2 coats of white Kilz sealant & the back is open. It has douible 2x4 construction as the basic frame & solid oak face framing & doors. I don't have an exact price yet but I believe I'll be able to get them to sell it for somewhere between $399 & $499.

If anyone is interested & would like to take a look at it let me know & we can meet at the Brevard Zoo sometime & I'll show it to you.

TANKSALOT
01-30-2011, 11:01 AM
The tank base area is 72" x 18"
So it will fit a standard 100, 125 or 150 gallon tank.
This stand is SWEET!!!!!!

Steve

Nimitz
01-30-2011, 07:49 PM
Steve, thx for the clarification ... the width of the cabinet from the inside edge of the front trim (used to hide the tank bottom edge) to the back edge of the cabinet is actually 21" so it will easily accomodate 18" wide tanks. The construction is all double 2x4s plus 3/4" oak plywood for the top & was made to easily withstand a 150 gal aquarium ...

Nimitz
02-07-2011, 05:50 PM
***** CABINET UPDATE *****

The attached pic shows the overall cabinet dimensions inlcuding inside the trim area where the tank will go ...

In addition it looks like the Zoo will let me sell the tank along with the cabinet for only an additional $100 ...

So, you get the custom oak cabinet & tank for $499 ...

The tank is glass and it's dimensions are 72"L x 18"D x 24"H. The tank is obviuosly used but not in that bad of condition ... and I built the 2" trim specifically to hide the poor quality trim ...

Nimitz
03-05-2011, 12:39 PM
cabinet & tank are sold