Thread: Skimmers for sale

Skimmers for sale

Have a few skimmers for sale. In my attempt to find a skimmer that fit my sump and didn't make changing the sock a PITA, I know have extras.

I can bring them to the auction with me tomorrow if anybody wants one. Just PM here.

Marineland 300 Pro Skimmer $60.00

MRC OF-200 Skimmer $125.00 This skimmer is brand new, was received in the Manufactures sealed box, and was in water for only 2 weeks. Not much information on these as they were only made for 2 years before MRC upgraded them to a newer design. It needs an impeller shaft, since I broke it when I was cleaning it... grrrr. I put an Atman 2500 on it, and it seemed to work good. I will give you the original pump with it also. (Does not come with the Atman).

Bubble Magus BM100v2 Purchased this used. It showed up broken at the base ring, and the pump rotor was swelled. I had the base ring repaired at a local shop using WeldOn. The pump motor is good, but it needs a rotor. Honestly, you'd be better off buying the impeller assembly as it comes complete with the shaft for ~$30.00. The housing that covers the impeller is cracking in several spots, but it does not effect the operation.

So, skimmer less the pump for $90.00, with the pump for $110.00
    Either way you buy this, it will come with the volute.

Pics below. I will get a picture of the Marineland this weekend.

MRC OF-200

Bubble Magus BM100

Nobody needs a nice skimmer? They both work great and have no problems.

MRC OF200 now $110
    Bubble Magus BM100 now $100 with the Atman PH2500 pump, and the Mesh Pinwheel

I can bring them to the meeting this Saturday

Oops, they both work great with the exception of the MRC needing an impeller and the BM having been repaired.

The Bubble Magus comes with a working Atman PH2500 pump and the Mesh Pinwheel. The original description says it needs a rotor, but I have since put one in it. So this is "take it out of the box, put it in the sump and turn it on".

ORCA Forum Member
    pm sent

What size systems are these skimmers for?
    2009, 2010*and 2011 ORCA Mentoring Director. Proud to serve on the Board of Directors.
    (and I have no idea where the asterisk is coming from....)

MRC is Sold.

The Marineland is rated up to 300g, but personally I wouldn't go past 200g (This is currently on our 180g. The rotor for our ASM swelled, and I don't want to spend any money on the ASM as the 300g is right around the corner. So $$ will be spent on a new BIG skimmer).

The Bubble Magus is rated up to 160g with a light Bio-Load, Personally wouldn't go past a 90 with a Heavy Bio Load

I ran the Marineland on my 65g and it pulled like there was no tomorrow. You need to be on top of your cleaning schedule with it though.

The BM100 I only ran for a week after getting it back from being repaired. (I purchased a Bubble Magus NAC6 in the meantime, which is basically an updated version of the BM100).

The BM100 pulls some nasty stuff. I can honestly say that I am now a Bubble Magus fan. They are both pretty much silent, low wattage, all of them come with a "meshed" pinwheel, and the cups all have John Guest valves on them, so that it can drain to a large container.