Thread: New Toy - Open Source Controller

ORCA Forum Member

New Toy - Open Source Controller

I have been in the process of collecting all the parts to build my own Arduino based controller for a while. I chose this route becuase I wanted something that would be open source because the option for what you could control are endless and it is considerably cheaper than the available reef controller's that were on the market. With my current time constraint I have been unable to finish this or spend the countless hours I need to build programs or adapt programs currently available. I finally gave up on my project and bought a reef angel controller, the link is here http://www.reefangel.com/ . I am pretty stoked about this controller. It is half the price of the off the shelf name brand and is capable with a little ingenuity of doing more. I will hopefully be receiving this, this week or next and I will post up my experience.

This controller comes with the following basics features, and with the purchase you get access to libraries with programs for alot more functions. It expandable for another I2C controller.

Feeding mode
    Water Change Mode
    View Log
    Date and Time
    Dawn and Dusk
    Lights Overheat
    LED PWM Control
    ATO Timeout
    Wavemaker
    Temperature Sensors
    Dump Log to PC
    Dump Parameters to PC
    Calibrate PH Probe
    Lo

ORCA Forum Member sunshinereefer's Avatar
    Thx for sharing the information.

ORCA Forum Member
    Sounds like a something fun to play and experiment with. I look forward to hearing what you think of it.
    Jon Clements